katherine
I've been sitting here procrastinating doing statistics labs becuase I'm quite far behind, and I have a lab practical tomorrow. I have all my programs written and run, so I have output to write about, but now it's 11:25 pm and I'm ready to go home and go to sleep.

But in the meantime I've been sitting and reading the news online, which while much of it is too serious and makes me sad, or it makes me want to go and find another planet to live on. I ran across this article this evening about Roger Ebert, the film critic. He's currently undergoing a series of surgeries for cancer and refuses to hide for the public eye while he's going through treatments. While he can't speak becuase of the number of surgeries he's had, he writes lots of notes and will be at a film festival soon that has installed a lazy-boy recliner for him to watch movies in. He requests that all gossip rags refer to photos of him as a "lay-z-critic"

If you're a new junky like I am for stupid news, you should check out fark.com if you haven't already. It's a fabulous way to waste lots of time.
0 Responses